Our watches may sometimes be taken for granted a little. They work hard to make sure we keep track of our day, but we put them on and take them off and forget that they also need some care. Today, I would like to share some care and cleaning tips that will work for your watch. Taking care of the watch is important regardless of the quality. And they make name a star gift, However, the higher the quality and the more expensive the watch, the more care is needed.
Clean Your Watch
Your watch should get a nice clean as often as possible. Use a soft cloth to wipe it and get rid of dust. You can also soak the watch in soap and water but follow specific steps. If your watch is not waterproof or you don’t know how to do it, rather stick with the wiping or ask your local watch expert.
Don’t Damage the Crystal
Try to avoid banging your watch against things or doing things with it that can cause scratches or cracks on the crystal face. You don’t want to have this beautiful watch and not be able to see the time.
Stay Away From Magnets
Magnets can cause your watch to go a bit ‘hay-wire’. It can affect its accuracy and other workings if it is exposed to a magnet.
Service Your Watch
Just like your car gets out of tune and needs a bit of oil, your watch needs a service and tune-up. Take your mechanical watch for a service every two to three years. If you have a quartz watch, you can push it to every four years.
Keep the Box
It is good to keep the box that you bought your watch in as it is the best place to store it. If you only wear your watch for special occasions, this is a must. If you wear it everyday, it is still good to put it in its box when you are not wearing it.
If you follow these simple tips, there is no reason why your watch cannot last for decades and even generations.
When you buy a watch, you want to be sure that what you buy is of good quality and that it will last a long time. Buying a watch is an art for some people and they definitely know what they are looking for. If it is your first time buying a quality or high-end watch, this is what you need to look for:
- Weight – You want to have a watch that has a bit of weight to it. Weight means that it is durable and reliable. A good watch has lots of small components. That gives it some weight. When you wear the watch, it must feel like a watch and not like something you got from a lucky packet.
- The Sweep – The Sweep refers to the movement of the hands. In many watches, you can hear the time ticking away. High-quality watches don’t have that because they are so finely tuned and their components are of the best quality like http://championfiberglass.com. If you can hear the hands moving, you don’t have the best quality yet.
- Reputation – Whether you like to hear it or not, the reputation has a lot to do with quality. Rolex, Chopard, and their counterparts that everyone knows are the best ones. They have a name and a tradition that is linked to quality and excellence. A good quality watch should be something you can pass on to the next generation and not something that will break in a year.
- Swiss Branding – The Swiss are inevitably connected with quality and exceptional standards for watchmaking. Despite fake watches popping up everywhere, the Swiss have ensured that only watches made by them carry the real ‘Swiss Made’ label. You can’t go wrong for quality if you buy Swiss.
- Accuracy – Watches made by the Swiss are tested by the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute and is some of the most accurate you can find. Also, if the watch you want says ‘quartz’ you will also have high-quality accuracy.
A good quality watch is all about what is on the inside and who made it. Follow the brand name, Swiss, and quartz, you will soon have the best.